Karakalpak State University named after Berdakh
Karakalpak State University named after Berdakh
Karakalpak State University (KSU) named after Berdakh, founded in 1976, as a successor of Nukus Pedagogical Institute (1934). Today, it is well-known and fast growing regional higher educational establishment in Humanities (Linguistics, Law, Psychology and Pedagogics, Philosophy, History, and Political Science), Management (Economy and Finances), Natural Sciences and Ecology (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Soil Science, Agro-chemistry and Cadastre, Meteorology, Environment Protection), Technology (Engineering, Architecture, Urbanistics, Chemical and Oil Technology), Informatics (Mathematics and Applied Mathematics) and Athletics. There are 8000 BSc students and more than 200 MSc students from Uzbekistan and abroad studying in the university. KSU now has 22 specializations for MSc. There are 11 faculties and 39 chairs. KSU has experienced teaching staff, including 1 member of Academy of Science of Uzbekistan, 31 professors and doctoral degree holders, and 168 associate professors. Alumni of the KSU constitute a core of intellectuals in the regional policy making, the business, science, culture and education. The university has local electronic library, available on intranet, with texts of lectures, lecture notes, and books available. There are many researches and development projects in agricultural studies. The university cooperates with many partner universities in agro-ecological issues.
Alumni of the University is working in Ministry of Emergency cases, State Committee for Nature Protection, UZ Hydrometeorology (Weather and Water observation) and other state institutions engaged in disaster prevention activity and mitigation of the consequences. Geography department have more than 800 students. There is special course «Life safety» (72 academic hours) covers many aspects of disaster management, accident prevention and health protection.
Role In The Project
The role of the university within the scope of the project are:
-Skilful teachers will be involved and participate in the development of courses.
– Conducting need analysis and also keeping regular contact with stakeholders to develop courses and systems, based on their requirements.
– The department GIS laboratory and equipment can be used on project purposes.
– Disseminating and exploiting the results and outcomes of the project.
– Gets benefit from the results of the project.
– Attending the meeting.
Abdireimov Salauat Jamalovich
Dr. Salauat Abdireimov has a PhD in Geography. He is associate professor and senior lecturer at the Department of Geodesy, Cartography, and Geography at Natural Science faculty of Karakalpakstan State University. His main academic responsibilities are teaching Geoecology and Ecology, GIS and remote sensing, National cadastre, and Health and safety. His research activities are connected with national and international projects. He worked as a coordinator for the Project “Nature protection in Uzbekistan and International practice” with the collaboration of KTH, Stockholm, Sweden. He has also been involved in the project “Geoinformatics enabling sustainable development in Uzbekistan”, Salzburg, Austria. He has published 5 papers in international conferences and more than 60 papers in local scientific and practical conferences, and one scholastic allowance. He has supervised more than 80 bachelors graduating scientific works relevant to GIS, Remote sensing, Geography, and ecology.
• Abdireimov S., Tursunov M. (2014). Geo-ecological assessment and monitoring of agro-landscapes of the delta of Amudarya by means of geo-information. International scientific conference. INNOVATION -2014, Collection of scientific articles. Tashkent. (in Russian).
• Abdireimov S. (2013). Economic-Ecological Modeling With GIS – Application for Farming Management in Environmentally Disastrous Zones. Materials of republican scientifically practical conference KSU, Nukus. (in Russian).
• Abdireimov S., Reymov P. (2013). Geo-information system for environmental monitoring of conditionally natural eco-tops of agrolandscapes. International conference «XII- Zhandaevskie chteniya» KazNU, Almaty. (in Russian).
• Abdireimov S. Reymov P., Statov V. (2001). Methodology of development of geo-information systems for complex geoenvironmental monitoring in a zone of the Aral natural disaster. «Vestnik» KDSA RUz, №1-2. (in Russian).
• Nigmatov A.N., Reymov P.R., Abdireymov S.J. (2006). Geoecological assessment and agro landscape monitoring for Amudaria delta (book) // Turon-iqbol, Tashkent, 2006, 128 p. (in Russian).
Dr. Viktor A. Statov has a PhD in Physics (Kiev, 1997). He works as GIS expert in Center for Geoinformarics and Remote Sensing of Karakalpak State University. He has been engaged in many research and educational projects, including water resources management and irrigation mapping, remote sensing techniques for desert monitoring mapping, water objects modeling and pollution transport, simulation of salt and dust wind transfer from dried Aral Sea bottom, and complex geo-ecological estimation of transformed delta landscapes using geoinformatic approaches. He was key collaborator in JICA-supported project «Electronic Atlas of Aral Sea Region: Ecology, Economy and Health» and regional database supervisor in US RCRC project on drought consequences mitigation. He took part in the development of an MSc program in Geoinformatics for Uzbekistan («Spatial Analysis» and “Spatial Data models» modules) with GeUZ project.
• Mamutov N.K, Reymov P.R., Statov V.A., Khudaybergenov Ya. (2015). Application of the geoinformatic approaches for the interpretation of fuzzy geoecological data in post-deltaic landscapes, Proceedings of the Central Asia GIS Conference – GISCA 2015. “Geospatial Management of Land, Water and Resources” May 14-
16, 2015 Tashkent p. 110.
• Reymov P.R., Mamutov N.K., Statov V.A., Khudaybergenov Ya.G. (2015). Comparative landscape studies of human footprints in arid deltas with geoinformatic approach, Proceedings of the Central Asia GIS Conference – GISCA 2015. “Geospatial Management of Land, Water and Resources” May 14-16, 2015. Tashkent p. 112.
• Statov V.A., Reymov P.R., Mamutov N.K., Khudaybergenov, Ya.G. (2015). Agent-based hydrology model for the surface discharge at the plain desert lands, Proceedings of the Central Asia GIS Conference – GISCA 2015. “Geospatial Management of Land, Water and Resources” May 14-16, 2015 Tashkent p. 111.
• Reymov P.R., Khudaybergenov Ya., Mamutov N.K, Statov V.A. (2013).A question of environmental simulation verification with geoinformatic approaches. “Ecological News”. Tashkent, 2013. (in Russian).
• P.R.Reymov, V.A.Statov, N.K.Mamutov (2015). Spatial Analysis. Textbook for MSc course on geoinformatics. Tashkent, “Iqtisodmoliya” 2015, 108 p. (in Uzbek).
Dr. Bekaeva Mayra has a PhD in Economy. She is a senior lecturer at the Social economy faculty of Karakalpakstan State University. Her main academic responsibilities are teaching financial management, and economic theory. She works on the field financial management, economic theory, and ecological management.
• Bekaeva M, Abdireimov S., (2014). Geo-ecological assessment and monitoring of agro-landscapes of the delta of Amudarya by means of geo-information, International scientific conference. INNOVATION -2014, Collection of scientific articles. Tashkent. (in Russian).
• Bekaeva M, Abdireimov S. (2016). Economic-Ecological Modeling with GIS- application for farming management in environmental disaster. INNOVATION (2016) Tashkent, 1016. (in Russian).
Mr. Quwat is an assistant at the faculty of Natural Sciences, department Geodesy, geography, cartography, ecology and cadaster. He teaches “Computer Graphics and Map Design”, “General Geoinformatics (for geodetic engineers)”, “Cadaster”, “Settlements Cadaster” and “Real Estate Cadaster” courses. He has qualification improvement practical fellowship in Germany (Bavaria region) in the framework of LOGO e.V project (Agriculture and ecological balance with Eastern Europe) (April 28 2012- October 29 – 2012). He also took part in Summer school on modern technologies in remote sensing with GeUZ project, Tashkent 2015. His research interests are within issues of geoinformatic application for land resource management, technologies of the cadastral GIS, and land survey in environmentally stressed regions.
• Bekanov Q. (2016). Use of the GIS Programs for farmer’s land survey, International conference “Modern geographic approaches: Problems and answers”. Andijon, 2016 (in Uzbek).
• Bekanov Q. (2016). On a best lay-out of farmer’s parcels for land-use optimizations, Republic Conference on agriculture, Land and water resources, Tashkent. TIMI, 2016 (in Uzbek).
• Bekanov Q. (2016). Methodical issues of losses evaluation for landusers, Vestnik, KGU, 2016, N 3 (in Karakalpak).
• Abdireymov S.J., Bekanov Q. (2016). GIS for nature protection, Conference on efficient use of natural resources in South Aral Sea Region, KSU, Nukus, 2016. p.181 (in Russian).
• Bekanov Q. (2016). GIS technology for parcels plot-out, Conference on efficient use of natural resources in South Aral Sea Region, KSU, Nukus, 2016. p.198 (in Russian).