Kyrgyz State University named after I. Arabaev
Kyrgyz State University named after I. Arabaev
Kyrgyz State University, which is named after Mr. Ishenaly Arabaev, was found in 1950 and is a key higher education institution in Kyrgyzstan on training teachers. In other words, the graduated students from I.AKSUS will work as teachers for schools and universities. The university consists of 10 faculties, 4 institutes, and 2 colleges, with more than 10,000 students. Within the framework of international cooperation of the University, several agreements have been signed with the embassies of: the Federal Republic of Germany, USA, Turkey, China, France, Japan, Poland, India, Pakistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia, and Uzbekistan, as well as with international organizations: UNDP, UNESCO, Peace Corps, DAAD, American Councils, IREX, JICA and others (total 72 signed agreements / memoranda of mutual understanding and cooperation).
One of the main purposes of the university is to reform and modernize the system of higher education in Kyrgyzstan. Department of Geography, Environment and Tourism carries out special training of geographers, environmentalists and experts in socio-cultural services and tourism. The university aims at creating solid foundation in the modernization of higher education in accordance with modern requirements. Department implements programs of higher, secondary vocational education and carries out master’s trainings in areas of geography, ecology, science education, environment and natural resources. Total number of students is 930 and teachers 61 (including 5 PhD tutors, 16 candidates of sciences and 12 senior lecturers) in the faculty.
Role In The Project
The main role can be seen in followings:
– Qualified teachers of the department of Geography, Environment and Tourism will actively participate and share their experiences for the development of innovative courses.
-Project team members gather real needs of stockholders and associate partners on environmental protection and disaster management for the design of courses as well as development of a Web-based system for environmental protection and disaster risk management.
– Regular contacts with the stakeholders and associate partners will be kept to include their views and expectations in the developing courses and web-based system.
– Disseminating project’s results and provide university-enterprise cooperation. – Prepare specialists in the field of emergency response for sustainable development of the country through continuous education. It can be used on their scientific works in order to achieve employ-ability of graduates, and staff will improve its capacity on disaster management.
– University offers GIS laboratory, equipment and publishing resources will be used for successful implementation of the project.
– Attending all meetings relevant to the project, including the meetings of the steering committee.
Damira Tilenova Kerimovna
Dr. Damira Kerimovna Tilenova has PhD in Geography. He is associate professor and teaches at the Faculty of Environment and Tourism in I.AKSU. Dr. Damira supervises master students including those studying water resources in Central Asia, funded by World Bank. She has participated in developing training courses on sustainable development, for government officials (supported by UNEP, 2016). As an expert in GIS and as scientific secretary of the doctoral council, she works at the Geology Institute of the National Sciences Academy of Kyrgyzstan. She is the author of 30 scientific papers.
• Tilenova D. (2014). Information base of the hydrological characteristics of rivers in Kyrgyzstan data (for example, the Syrdarya river basin). Materials XIII International Conference “Resource reproducing, low-waste and environmental technology development subsoil” 15-21.09.2014. Tbilisi (Georgia). 2014 – p.387-
390. (in Russian).
• Tilenova D. (2014). About methods assessing the quality of surface water on hydro-chemical indicators. “News of higher educational institutions”, Bishkek. №3.2014. p. 127-139.
• Tilenova D. (2012). Hydro-ecological situation in the basins of the rivers of southern Kyrgyzstan and ways to improve its condition. Bulletin of Russian Peoples’ Friendship University – №1. – Moscow, 2012. – p.88-94. (in Russian).
• Tilenova D. (2012). Issues usage of modern approaches for managing water resources in Kyrgyzstan republic. Collection of materials of international conference. Moscow-Ust Kremnogorskiy. 2012, -387-390 pp. (in Russian).
• Tilenova D. (2015). Ecological aspects of the surface of water in the south of Kyrgyzstan, their role and importance in the water supply of cities (for example, Akbura river). Materials of the international scientific-technical conference “Modern problems of hydrogeology, engineering geology, geo-ecology and ways of their solution”, Tashkent (Uzbekistan). 15.12.2015, 279-282 pp. (in Russian).
Akmatov Ruslan Tynymseyitovich
Ruslan Akmatov Tynymseyitovich has a PhD in Geography. He is an associate professor in Geography Faculty, I.AKSU. He teaches and holds workshops on the disciplines of hydrology, Geography of Kyrgyzstan, Ecology, and emergency management. He is supervisor of 4 master students in GIS and hydrology and has been involved in GEF-UNDP project. Ruslan was the initiator of opening at the Faculty of Geography, Environment and Tourism GIS laboratory in 2012. He has published 16 scientific papers (including 2 monographs).
• Akmatov R. (2016). Application of GIS in the current state of water resources in Central Asia (in case of the Aral Sea and the Naryn River). Abstracts of the Annual GIS in Central Asia Conference – GISCA 2016.
• Akmatov R. (2016). Influence of Toktogul reservoir to the environmental. IV International scientific-practical conference. Ekaterinburg, 2016.
• 3. Akmatov R. (2016). Study of reservoirs in Kyrgyzstan and their impact on climate change characteristics of adjacent areas. International scientific-practical conference “Water Resources of Central Asia and their use”. Alma-Ata, 2016.
Jumaliev Nurbek Erkinbekovich
Jumaliev Nurbek Erkinbekovich is Senior lecturer at the Department of Geography, Ecology and Tourism in I.AKSU. Nurbek is expert in Cartography and Geoinformatics. He teaches and holds workshops for students on the subjects of Environmental Cartography, GIS Mapping of the Basic Topography. Nurbek is an organizer of the GIS laboratory at the Faculty of Geography, Environment and Tourism.
• Zhumaliev N., et al. (2013). Environmental problems of the Kyrgyz Republic and their solutions. Proceedings of the International scientific-practical conference “Innovative development of Kazakhstan’s oil and gas industry.” Aktau, 2013. p 5.
• Zhumaliev N., et al. (2016). Application of GIS technology in the study of medicinal plants in Kyrgyzstan. Materials of the International scientific and practical conference “Green space”. Bishkek, 2016. p 6.
• Zhumaliev N., Adiev R. (2016). Influence of internal migration of the population on the ecological picture of the city of Bishkek. Materials of the International scientific-practical conference. “Environmental and safety of Techno-sphere mining regions.” Ekaterinburg, 2016. p 8.
Toktariev Erkin is PhD of geography science and associate professor of the Faculty of Geography, Ecology and Tourism at IAKSU. He teaches and conducts seminars on disciplines Recreational Geography, Specially Protected Natural Territories. He is the Head of 2 masters in Geography master studets and participates in the GEF-UNDP project. He published 63 scientific works (including 2 monographs, 1 training manual, 12 methodical instructions. Hold a Corse of GIS and Remote Sensing in Dehradun (INDIA), in Environmental Protection in Sweden (Sweden), Tallinn (Estonia) , on Land Degradation in Nitra (Slovakia), participated in the development of master’s programs “Environmental Protection and Rational use of Natural Resources”, “Protection of soils from degradation”, which were introduced into the educational process at the Kyrgyz StateTechnical University named after I.Razzakov, Kyrgyz State N.Isanov University, Osh State University named after М. Adyshev.
• The – social and environmental dimension in the tourist -and-recreational activities //CPP Republican State Commission Reports undo- the Government of the Куrgуz Republic on architecture and construction Problems of construction industry and their solutions: Conference Republic Scientific Practice. – Technology, 2001. p, 198-204.
• The mountains of Kyrgyzstan as un object of recreation and tourism // International Scientific Practical Conference, Ecological safety of mountainous country and new information technologies in education: an international scientific conference, devoted to the year of the mountains and 50-yeaf anniversary of KSPU n.a. Arabaev-Bishkek, 2012, p. 220-223.
• Biotope is determinant factor of recreational capacity //Republic National Technical Conference, Kyrgyz National University (KNU: 2003 Bulletin of KNU: Vol 5, Biological Sciences. p, 16-20.
• Recreants flow control at area recreational system // Problems of geochemical ecology and biodiversity: proceedings of the International Conference. -Bishkek, 2003. – p. 140-192.
• Definition of recreational value of landscape taking into account vegetation cover sensitivity // Scientific and technical magazine “Science and technology”- 2006, Bishkek. Vol.1. p. 137-139.
• Basic design of clusters recreational systems// Bulletin of KSUCTA, 2007 – Bishkek, issue 3 (17). p.57-61.
• Problems of gas industry and ways of the Kyoto Protocol implementation //Bulletin of KSUCTA. Bishkek – 2009. issue 1 (23), vol. 3. p. 35-39.
• Engineering surveying of the effects of raining in Ashutor// Bulletin of KSUCTA, 2007 – Bishkek, issue 1 (23) Vol. 3. p. .239-243.